Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 Min
- COOK TIME
- 21 Min
- READY IN
- 27 Min
We've brought that signature New Orleans-style cooking into your very own kitchen with our homemade recipe for Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya. We like pairing this dish with some veggies for an extra bit of color on the plate. Serve this homemade New Orleans favorite anytime you feel the need to jump start your regular dinner routine.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 extra-large bag boil-in-bag white rice, removed from bag
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
What To Do:
Combine chicken and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning in a bowl.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and chicken; saute 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from pan; drain.
- Add seasoning blend and garlic to pan; saute 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Add sausage, chicken, remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, the tomatoes, rice, and broth to pan. Bring to a boil; cover and boil 11 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring halfway through cooking time.
I call for boil-in-bag rice to speed up the cooking time of this Creole favorite. But instead of cooking the rice separately in its bag, we add it straight to the pan so it can absorb the liquid and all the savory flavors as it cooks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!