Skillet Chili Mac
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The gang will be all smiles when you serve this enhanced version of mac and cheese. With Skillet Chili Mac, it's easy to keep the ingredients on hand for a quick dinner any night of the week.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (12-ounce) package macaroni shells and cheese
- 1 3/4 cups salsa
What To Do:
- Remove and discard casings from sausage.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to skillet. Add chili powder, stirring to coat sausage. Add chicken broth and tomato paste, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Stir in shell macaroni; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until shells are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese sauce from packet and the salsa; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!