Caramel Pecan French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
This is no ordinary French Toast! Create a cozy Bed and Breakfast-inspired dish, with our sweet 'n' crunchy Caramel Pecan French Toast! No matter when you serve it, for breakfast or brunch, it is a rave-getter!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 12 slices Italian-style or any hearty bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
What to Do
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour sauce into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- Place 6 slices of bread in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and cover with remaining bread slices.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake French toast 40 to 45 minutes, or until egg mixture is firm and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine Caramel Sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve with French toast.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 541
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 70 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 190mg 63 %
- Sodium 422mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 33g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!