Maple French Toast Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 hot dog rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Dip hot dog roll halves into egg mixture, coating completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook rolls a few at a time 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to serve. Reheat in a preheated 250 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- This is just the thing to make the night before serving, so the next morning you can simply reheat it in the oven or toaster oven (not the microwave) for a hot breakfast treat in no time.
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.