We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 2 dozen pancakes
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Not your traditional pancakes, our German Pancakes are sure to wake everybody up to a sweet aroma that'll bring 'em running! This easy German pancakes recipe is simple and delicious -- the gang will be begging you to make it time and again! And if you've ever wondered how to make German pancakes on the stove, this is the recipe for you. No oven required! Just grab your skillet and make this recipe for German pancakes for breakfast today!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Whisk the milk and eggs into the flour mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until smooth. Lightly brush a small skillet with oil then heat over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet, tilting the skillet to evenly coat the bottom with the batter; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until firm on top. Turn the pancake, brushing the skillet with additional oil, if necessary; cook for about 1 more minute, or until the pancake is light brown on both sides. Fold the pancake in half, then in half again.
- Remove to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200-degree F. oven until ready to serve. Continue with the remaining batter, brushing the skillet with oil as needed. Before serving, sprinkle the pancakes with confectioners' sugar (see Note).
- For an even fancier look, top these with fresh or frozen strawberries and whipped cream before sprinkling with confectioners' sugar.
- If you're looking for more great German recipes, be sure to check out our collection of International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World.
- These easy German pancakes would make a perfect Mother's Day brunch recipe. If you're looking for even more suggestions, check out our collection of Incredible Mother's Day Brunch Ideas!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"