Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like you woke up in a charming country inn when you taste this stuffed French toast. It's so creamy smooth, it's like eating a warm dessert cheesecake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 8 slices country white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well then stir in preserves. Spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, completely coating both sides. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and cook remaining 2 sandwiches. Slice each in half diagonally, and serve.
Make this look and taste extra-fancy by topping it with additional confectioners' sugar and maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!