Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like you woke up in a charming country inn when you taste this stuffed French toast. It's so creamy smooth, it's like eating a warm dessert cheesecake!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 8 slices country white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well then stir in preserves. Spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, completely coating both sides. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and cook remaining 2 sandwiches. Slice each in half diagonally, and serve.
Make this look and taste extra-fancy by topping it with additional confectioners' sugar and maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 448
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 158mg 53 %
- Sodium 463mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!