Lower-fat Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
You won't believe this is a lighter variation of the popular Alfredo sauce! Our homemade Alfredo sauce recipe is so simple to throw together when you're looking for a hearty meal to make on the fly. We've substituted some of the ingredients, so you'll get the same great taste as Grandma's Alfredo sauce recipe without all those unnecessary extra calories. That's the kind of thing everyone likes to hear, right? We thought so.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon buttery spread, like Smart Balance or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 6 wedges low-fat processed cheese, like Laughing Cow
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch garlic powder
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan or double boiler, combine all ingredients until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes enough for 1/2 pound of Fettuccine.
Read NextClassic Alfredo Sauce