We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know! We know! Apple Lasagna sounds strange, doesn't it? Well, we sure will be surprised if this great lasagna recipe doesn't become a favorite snack or dessert with your family.
What You'll Need
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 (21-ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- Dash of ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles to desired doneness; drain and set aside.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer 4 noodles on bottom of prepared dish. Spread 1 can of apple pie filling on top, slicing any extra-thick apples. Layer 4 noodles over the apples.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg and granulated sugar; spread them evenly over the noodles and top with the remaining 4 noodles. Spoon remaining can of apple pie filling over noodles.
- In a small bowl, crumble together the flour, cinnamon, margarine, brown sugar and quick oats. Sprinkle over the apple filling.
- Bake 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes then slice into serving-sized pieces and serve warm or cold.
If desired, you can mix together 1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream and 1/3 cup light or dark brown sugar and serve the lasagna with dollops of this topping for garnish.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.