Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not for the weak-hearted, an appetizer-sized serving of this rich and creamy pasta 'n' shrimp dish is just the right "starter" for our big meal to come.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm in a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheese; mix well and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Toss with fettuccine and serve immediately.
Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. We like to use spinach fettuccine to give the dish nice color contrast.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!