Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not for the weak-hearted, an appetizer-sized serving of this rich and creamy pasta 'n' shrimp dish is just the right "starter" for our big meal to come.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm in a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheese; mix well and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Toss with fettuccine and serve immediately.
Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. We like to use spinach fettuccine to give the dish nice color contrast.