Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Carrots
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you remember when Mom used to add in those peas and carrots to your dinner to make sure you were eating all your veggies? Well, now it's your turn! We've got the grown-up version of that right here with our five-star recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Carrots. You're never too old to have a home-cooked meal that reminds you of Mom, so what are you waiting for? Dive right in!
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped scallions (about 8)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, and saute 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a simmer; cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer 4 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed. Add scallions and peas; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add to pasta.
- Whisk together half-and-half and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; add garlic and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Pour over pasta and vegetables; toss to combine.
Traditional Fettuccine Alfredo is served plain with only a creamy cheese sauce, but we added peas and carrots to this version for extra color, texture, flavor and additional nutrition.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 331
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.1g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 33 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 523mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 17 %
- Sugars 8.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!