We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a casserole that's the perfect go-along to any picnic or party because it goes along with whatever we're serving it with. And, to start with, everybody loves pasta, so we automatically win.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic dove, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon bottled garlic
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1 package (12 ounces) mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic and pasta and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-1/2 minutes or until golden.
- In a large pot, combine onion soup mix with water; add to pasta mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms (do not stir); simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more. Stir in parsley.
- Place mixture in a serving bowl or casserole dish and let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.