We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a casserole that's the perfect go-along to any picnic or party because it goes along with whatever we're serving it with. And, to start with, everybody loves pasta, so we automatically win.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic dove, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon bottled garlic
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1 package (12 ounces) mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic and pasta and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-1/2 minutes or until golden.
- In a large pot, combine onion soup mix with water; add to pasta mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms (do not stir); simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more. Stir in parsley.
- Place mixture in a serving bowl or casserole dish and let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!