We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a casserole that's the perfect go-along to any picnic or party because it goes along with whatever we're serving it with. And, to start with, everybody loves pasta, so we automatically win.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic dove, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon bottled garlic
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1 package (12 ounces) mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic and pasta and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-1/2 minutes or until golden.
- In a large pot, combine onion soup mix with water; add to pasta mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms (do not stir); simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more. Stir in parsley.
- Place mixture in a serving bowl or casserole dish and let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!