Quick Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Today most of us think macaroni and cheese only comes in all-in-one boxes, but we can sometimes make it better with what's right in the house. Quick Homemade Macaroni and Cheese is just as easy and much more homey than boxed versions.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (about 1/2 pound) diced Cheddar cheese or cubed processed cheese spread (like Velveeta) (see Notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dried basil, oregano, or chili powder to taste (optional)
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk and cheese together over medium heat until cheese melts; add remaining ingredients.
- Drain macaroni then place it in a deep bowl.
- Toss macaroni with cheese mixture, and serve.
You can use a flavored cheese or even add a sprinkle of your own favorite spice. For a heartier dish, you can add some diced bologna or pepperoni.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!