Happy Kids Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Happy Kids Macaroni and Cheese won't just make your kids happy, its rich and creamy taste will make everyone happy.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well. Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.Return macaroni to pot; mix well. Add mozzarella cheese and cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- This is sure to create smiles when you pack it in your kids' lunch thermoses. If they have it along with a cup of low-fat milk, they'll be well on their way to getting their daily calcium requirements.
- Why not bring a lovely, old-fashioned end to this meal with our delicious Fried Apples!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 691
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 98 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 36g 71 %
- Cholesterol 100mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,015mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 6.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!