Lightning Quick Baklava
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It takes hours to make traditional baklava, and that's fine when we have the time. But when we don't, this shortcut version is ready quick as lightning, and that's how fast it'll disappear from the table.
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17 ¼-ounce package), thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheet to a 10-inch square then cut into 2-inch squares; place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, and butter; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into center of each square. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
- In a small bowl, combine corn syrup, honey, and lemon juice; mix well. Brush evenly over tops of hot pastry squares. Allow to cool on wire racks and serve, or store in a flat airtight container until ready to serve.
These disappear fast, so if you're expecting a big crowd, bake a second batch with the second sheet of puff pastry. (Of course, double the remaining ingredients.)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to wait for an invitation to enjoy this bean soup! Inspired by the one that's been served at the Senate Dining Room since the early 20th century, our U.S. Senate Bean Soup is a true winner. Between the rich broth, the chunks of smoky ham, and the tender-cooked beans, it's hard to choose what we love best about it!