Lemon Whoopie Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lemon Whoopie Pies are a spin on your favorite classic Amish dessert recipe. This is one recipe that everyone will want more of!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, at least 3-inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and lemon zest until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time until smooth.
- Turn half the cooled cakes over onto their rounded sides and spread a dollop of filling over them. Place the other half of the cakes on top of the filling, forming sandwiches. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 453
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 8.8g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 342mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!