Cherry Kuchen Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a sweet way to celebrate German culture with your gang? Bake up a batch of our Cherry Kuchen Bars! These German-inspired dessert bars will have everyone going back for more, and wondering what other German treats you'll cook up for them next time!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of dough; set aside. Spread remaining dough in a 15- x 10- x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread pie filling over crust. Spoon reserved dough in small mounds on top of pie filling.
- Continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is lightly golden. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Check This Out!
- Want to serve up a complete German-style dinner before serving this easy pastry recipe? Check out our collection of Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss!
- For more pastry goodness, check out our Apple Puff Pastry Pies, our Mardi Gras Beignets, or our Texas Sticky Buns.
- Love cherry desserts? Make our Skillet Cherry Cobbler, our Double Cherry Turnovers or, our Sweet Cherry Thing.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 431
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 8.7g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 253mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.