Cherry Kuchen Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a sweet way to celebrate German culture with your gang? Bake up a batch of our Cherry Kuchen Bars! These German-inspired dessert bars will have everyone going back for more, and wondering what other German treats you'll cook up for them next time!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of dough; set aside. Spread remaining dough in a 15- x 10- x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread pie filling over crust. Spoon reserved dough in small mounds on top of pie filling.
- Continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is lightly golden. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Want to serve up a complete German-style dinner? Check out our collection of Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 431
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 8.7g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 253mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you think of graham crackers, you might think of crushing them up to make a pie crust, or maybe sandwiching chocolate bars and toasted marshmallows between a couple of 'em for s'mores. Well, now we've taken it a step further by making a super moist, Graham Cracker Cake that's packed with flavor! Trust us, this is a recipe you'll want to get your hands on.