Cherry Berry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Although the legend about George Washington chopping down a cherry tree may be more fiction than fact, historians do confirm that he did like cherries. Our Cherry Berry Pie recipe is a delicious and easy take on a classic cherry pie recipe that honors the father of our country.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Unfold one pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well then spoon mixture into pie crust, reserving 1/4 cup filling for garnish.
- Place remaining pie crust on countertop and, using a clean plastic cap of a soda bottle, cut about fifteen circles from the center, forming polka dots, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Place crust over cherry mixture. Pinch together and trim edges to seal, then flute, if desired.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool before serving.
If you'd like, top each slice of pie with whipped cream and fresh berries just before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.