Cherry Yam Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cherry-Yam Bake is a delightful alternative to traditional dough-and-filling pies. Impress your family with your kitchen creativity with this dish!
What You'll Need
- 2 (29-ounce) cans yams, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine yams, egg whites, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and the cinnamon; mash until well combined. Spoon half the mixture into pie plate, spreading it evenly over bottom and up sides of pie plate to create a crust. Pour cherry pie filling into crust then cover with remaining yam mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, the remaining brown sugar, and melted butter; mix well and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until set and top is golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
If you'd like this to have a little extra crunch, as long as your pie plate is broiler-proof, place the baked dish under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.