Cherry Yam Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cherry-Yam Bake is a delightful alternative to traditional dough-and-filling pies. Impress your family with your kitchen creativity with this dish!
What You'll Need
- 2 (29-ounce) cans yams, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine yams, egg whites, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and the cinnamon; mash until well combined. Spoon half the mixture into pie plate, spreading it evenly over bottom and up sides of pie plate to create a crust. Pour cherry pie filling into crust then cover with remaining yam mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, the remaining brown sugar, and melted butter; mix well and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until set and top is golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
If you'd like this to have a little extra crunch, as long as your pie plate is broiler-proof, place the baked dish under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.