Upside Down Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our number one requested apple pie recipe, this Upside Down Apple Pie will make you the apple of their eyes, especially when you serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large Granny Smith or other firm apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray and line it with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons butter, the brown sugar, and pecans; mix well and spread evenly over bottom of pie plate. Unroll 1 pie crust and place it in pie plate, pressing crust firmly against nut mixture and sides of pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and remaining butter; mix well. Add apples and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie crust.
- Unroll second pie crust and place over apple mixture. Trim and fold edges together to seal. Using a knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top crust.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until crust is golden (see Notes). Carefully loosen wax paper around rim and invert pie onto a serving plate while still hot. Remove wax paper and allow to cool slightly; slice into wedges and serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
- To make sure you don't have to do any oven cleanup, position a baking sheet on the bottom oven rack to catch any juices that may leak from the pie while it's baking.
- If you're a pie lover, then you're going to love this mega-collection of yummy pie recipes!
- Plus, if you enjoyed this apple pie recipe, check out more incredible apple desserts in our collection of 34 Easy Apple Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 728
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35g 54 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 75 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 476mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 107g 36 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 63g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.