Lemon Crunch Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Another run-of-the-mill lemon pie? No way! Fruity lemon drops add crunch and pizzazz to make this a second-helping hit.
What You'll Need
- 30 lemon-cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter, melted
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant lemon pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drop candies (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter; mix well. Spread into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, forming a crust. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Spoon the pudding evenly into the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and crushed candy; mix well. Spread over the pie filling, then cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
You can use a blender or a food processor to crush the lemon drops. And you can even put them in a resealable plastic storage bag, seal, and pound with a mallet! Make sure to crush the lemon drops to a very fine powder before mixing with the whipped topping. Otherwise, they'll weigh it down.
- Feeling like blueberries? This Best Blueberry Pie Recipe: Our Favorite Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe is one of our top pie recipes of all time! Or if you're feeling like strawberries, be sure to try our Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!