Gooey Amish Caramel Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Got a sweet tooth? If you do, then our Gooey Amish Caramel Pie may just satisfy your cravings. The rich sweetness of the caramel mixed with the crunchy pecans goes perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 cup pecan halves
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar, water, and butter to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, and egg yolks; mix well. Slowly stir flour mixture into boiling mixture, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Pour into baked pie crust and garnish with pecan halves. Let cool 30 minutes then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Pie will be gooey...and yummy, too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)