Pear Pie with Cranberry Pecan Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
The only thing better than eating a warm, gooey pie made from fresh, seasonal fruit is eating it with ice cream! That's why our recipe for Pear Pie with Cranberry Pecan Ice Cream is perfect. It gives you everything, plus more!
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 (2 medium) cups chopped peeled pears
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 (1/2 gallon) reduced-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla until well blended. Add pears, 2/3 cup cranberries, and 1/2 cup pecans; mix well.
- Spoon into pie crust and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine frozen yogurt and remaining cranberries and pecans. Freeze about 1 hour, or until firm.
- Serve warm or cool with scoops of cranberry-pecan frozen yogurt.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.