Summer Citrus "Pie"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Summer Citrus "Pie" is a citrus dessert that's kind of like a crustless pie. It's so different and yummy, we had to share it with you.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Gradually stir in half-and-half and vanilla. Add sour cream; mix well. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Chill for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- With an electric beater, beat until mixture is smooth then stir in strawberries and grated lemon peel. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate, cover, and chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.