Traditional Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Servings
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
There is no pie more classic or more beloved than the Traditional Apple Pie. For a guaranteed hit, this is the pie for you!
What You'll Need
- 8 baking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thick slices (see Note)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pie crust
What to Do
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except pie crust; toss to coat apples well. Pour apple mixture into pie shell; place second piece of dough over filling, as directed; seal by pinching edges together.
Using a sharp paring knife, cut 6 small slits in center of pie top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden.
You can cut the apples thinner or thicker depending on your preference.
- For a golden top that looks truly old-fashioned, brush the top crust with 2 teaspoons milk and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar before baking.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.