Fried Chocolate Hand Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We came up with this recipe after visiting the state fair and seeing all the delicious and decadent fried foods that were being offered, including fried pies! Just like the ones at the fair, we made these Fried Chocolate Hand Pies small enough to hold and enjoy with no utensils needed!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Unroll one pie crust and, using a knife, square the edges. Cut into 6 squares, 3-1/2-inches wide by 3-1/2-inches long. Place 5-6 chocolate chips in center of square, and a few pieces of peanut butter candy. Fold the dough over the candy, forming triangles. With a fork, press the edges together firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining pie crust and candy.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Place a few pies into skillet and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining pies. Cool slightly before serving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 268
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.5g 1 %
- Cholesterol 6.9mg 2 %
- Sodium 190mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %