Deep Dish Pizza Dough
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a pizza dough that will hold up to the heartier toppings we find on deep-dish pizzas, this is your dough recipe. You won't believe how easy it is to make homemade deep-dish pizza dough!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup very warm water (about 120 degrees F.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar and yeast in the water. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the water mixture then add to the flour. Mix with your hands until a soft ball forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 to 7 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Place the dough in a bowl has been coated with cooking spray; turn the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 45 to 50 minutes, until doubled in size, then punch the dough down.
- Coat a 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan or a 12-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough so that it covers the bottom of the pan and dough comes three-quarters of the way up the sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!