Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for the sweet and sour sauce they serve in Chinese restaurants, no need to buy bottled when our freshly made version tastes a million times better. We bet you'll agree our Sweet and Sour Pork Chops are amazing!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, with liquid reserved
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 to 6 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large saucepan, combine reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar; cook 5 minutes, until hot. Add pineapple chunks, carrots, and green pepper; remove from heat.
In a large skillet, heat oil; add chops and brown.
In a shallow baking dish, arrange chops; spread pineapple-vegetable mixture over top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25-35 minutes, until chops are done and vegetables are crisp-tender.
For that extra authentic feel, serve this one up over white rice!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.