Fruity Pork Loin Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to shake up your classic pork roast recipe? By adding sweet potatoes and dried fruit, you can turn a pork roast into a healthy one-dish meal that's good for everybody.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3-1/2-pound) center-cut boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package medium-sized pitted prunes
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried apricots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic freezer bag. Add pork, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork, and cook until browned on all sides. Place browned pork in a 5-quart slow cooker. Arrange sweet potatoes, prunes, and apricots around pork. Combine broth, wine, and brown sugar; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 hours or until meat and sweet potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.