Pretzel and Beer Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pretzel and Beer Dogs is a two-baseball-park-favorites-in-one meal! It's a home run!
What You'll Need
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 1 pound hot dogs, cut into 1-inch chunks
What to Do
- Heat approximately 1 inch of canola oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, crushed pretzels, cornmeal, baking powder, onion powder, dry mustard, and pepper; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer and the egg. Slowly add to the flour mixture, blending well.
- Dip each hot dog chunk in the batter, coating well. Carefully place in the oil and fry until golden, turning if necessary. Remove the dogs from the oil and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.