Pretzel and Beer Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pretzel and Beer Dogs is a two-baseball-park-favorites-in-one meal! It's a home run!
What You'll Need
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 1 pound hot dogs, cut into 1-inch chunks
What to Do
- Heat approximately 1 inch of canola oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, crushed pretzels, cornmeal, baking powder, onion powder, dry mustard, and pepper; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer and the egg. Slowly add to the flour mixture, blending well.
- Dip each hot dog chunk in the batter, coating well. Carefully place in the oil and fry until golden, turning if necessary. Remove the dogs from the oil and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!