We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 slices
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Head into any supermarket in Pennsylvania Dutch country and you're sure to find this breakfast side dish classic. Our Amish Scrapple can be prepared a day ahead and fried up when you're craving something hearty and flavorful.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- Coat an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain fat.
- Add broth and milk and bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients except butter and cook until thickened. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into loaf pan, cool, and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Invert onto a board, and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and fry cornmeal slices for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
We like to serve our Amish scrapple with a little brown gravy on top. We suggest making a homemade version, like our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.