Gremolata-Topped Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What on earth is a gremolata? Why, it's one of our favorite combination of spices, perfect for beef, veggies, and yes, pork chops! Turn one of our best pork chop recipes into a family dinner to remember by taking a stroll down Gremolata Lane!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Make gremolata by processing cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, the garlic, and next 3 ingredients in a food processor until coarsely pureed; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops, and cook 7 to 8 minutes. Turn chops; spoon gremolata evenly over chops. Cook 7 to 8 more minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Note: This mixture is traditionally made with parsley and served with hearty meat dishes. Here, cilantro replaces parsley as a refreshing update. Try gremolata with vegetables, too.