Magical Pineapple Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's magic! Know why? Pineapple chunks and sweet yams make our Magical Pineapple Pork Chops a real disappearing act. And you get to take all the bows!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds total), each cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8-1/4-ounce) can pineapple chunks in heavy syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (29-ounce) can yams, drained and cut into 1-inch chunks
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Completely coat pork chops in flour mixture.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown pork chops 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple syrup, the brown sugar, and cinnamon; pour over chops and stir until sauce is thickened. Reduce heat to low, turn chops over, and add pineapple chunks and yams to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until yams are warmed thorough.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .