Good Luck Pork and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Slow Cookers are super when you're too busy to stand watch over your stovetop. Well, our slow cooker recipe for old world-inspired Good Luck Pork and Cabbage, popular for good fortune in the new year, is sure to make your life in the kitchen easier.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork butt bottom roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage, apples, onion, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Evenly sprinkle roast with remaining salt and the pepper. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil and brown roast on all sides. Place roast in slow cooker over cabbage mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours, or until pork reaches 160 degrees on meat thermometer and is fork-tender.
Check This Out!
- Feeling lucky? Our Quick Hopping John is the perfect recipe for you!
- Want even more tasty pork recipes? Then check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.