Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheddar Potato Patties
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a holiday potato recipe that isn't like the rest? Your Thanksgiving feast is sure to take on tasty excitement with these delicious Cheddar Potato Patties. Made with creamy mashed potatoes and savory cheddar cheese, these are company special!
What You'll Need
- 5 large Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks, boiled until tender, drained, and kept warm (see Note)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
What to Do
Preheat oven to broil. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine hot cooked potatoes, 1/3 cup milk, and the butter. With an electric mixer, whip until smooth. Add parsley, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese; mix well.
In a shallow dish, beat eggs and remaining milk. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
Shape potato mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. Dip potato balls in egg then in bread crumbs, coating completely with each. Place potato balls on prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with your palm.
- Broil each side 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden.
What a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes! Just warm them before mixing with the other ingredients; and if they're already seasoned, be sure to cut down the amount or eliminate any additional salt and pepper.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 77
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 164mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.