Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Goes-with-Anything Cheesy Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a recipe that is inspired by the very best of Southern comfort food? Look no further than our Goes-with-Anything Cheesy Grits! We say it goes with anything because...well...it does! Whether you're serving up breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this recipe for easy, cheesy grits is sure to be a hit. Eat it with shrimp, or serve it as is; we know everyone is going to walk away from the table satisfied.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking white or yellow grits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and butter; stir until melted. Add black and cayenne peppers and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To make individual servings, spoon mixture evenly into a sprayed muffin tin and chill. Just before serving, warm in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through or pop them out of the muffin tin and warm them up in the microwave.
- For some other ways to enjoy classic all-American grits, why not try our BBQ Beef and Grits or our Golden Grits Casserole.
- Want more country-style options for breakfast? Make our Biscuits with Sausage Gravy, or our Country-Fried Steak and Eggs!