Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Goes-with-Anything Cheesy Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a recipe that is inspired by the very best of Southern comfort food? Look no further than our Goes-with-Anything Cheesy Grits! We say it goes with anything because...well...it does! Whether you're serving up breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this recipe for easy, cheesy grits is sure to be a hit. Eat it with shrimp, or serve it as is; we know everyone is going to walk away from the table satisfied.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking white or yellow grits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and butter; stir until melted. Add black and cayenne peppers and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To make individual servings, spoon mixture evenly into a sprayed muffin tin and chill. Just before serving, warm in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through or pop them out of the muffin tin and warm them up in the microwave.
- For some other ways to enjoy classic all-American grits, why not try our BBQ Beef and Grits or our Golden Grits Casserole.
- Want more country-style options for breakfast? Make our Biscuits with Sausage Gravy, or our Country-Fried Steak and Eggs!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!