Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Dressed Up Wild Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We "dressed up" this rice recipe to make it taste and look fancy-shmancy. Our Dressed Up Wild Rice recipe is great to make when you've got company coming over, but it's easy enough to make anytime, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package quick long-grain and wild rice mix (including seasoning packet), uncooked
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup sherry (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and scallions and cook until tender, stirring constantly.
- Stir rice mix with seasoning packet, water, and sherry into mushroom mixture; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir gently with a fork before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- For this dish, a simple package of long-grain and wild rice is dressed up with sauteed vegetables and a bit of sherry. Cook with sherry like you would wine-using only ones that you would drink.
- Want more easy rice recipes? Try our Creamy Chicken and Rice, our All-in-One Paella, or our Fiesta Rice Skilet!
- For more fantastic side dish recipes, try our Perfect Pineapple Casserole, our Honey Bourbon Carrots, or our Totally Loaded Mac & Cheese.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.