Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It really doesn't get much more traditional than this. These Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes live up to their name with a recipe that Grandma would have tucked away in her cookbook. Using classic ingredients and a homemade touch, you too can make a mashed potato recipe you'll pass onto your children and grandchildren. And let's face itmashed potatoes really do need to be homemade to taste this good.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add just enough water to cover them. Cook over high heat until boiling, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium until smooth.
- Place in casserole dish, cover, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until warmed through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 481
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 10g 21 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 1,110mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 73g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 11g 44 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.