Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Pina Colada Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy all the tropical flavors of a luscious Pina Colada when you mix up fluffy rice and a few lively ingredients. This island-inspired go-along is sure to add excitement to mealtime.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup pina colada drink mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine pina colada mix, crushed pineapple with its juice, the water, ground red pepper, and salt; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Add pimientos; mix well and serve immediately.
For even more color, stir in 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley at the same time as the pimientos.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!