Rice Nut Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a special dressing for the holidays? It doesn't have to be served instead of the traditional favorite bread dressing. Why not surprise and delight your family by putting Rice Nut Dressing on the table, too?!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Turn into prepared casserole dish, and cover.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
You can vary this by using chopped pecans instead of walnuts and adding some sliced mushrooms.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 338
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 483mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.4g 13 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.