Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Santa Fe Rice Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Planning a Tex-Mex feast? Here's a side dish that'll add extra flavor and color to your plate. Our Santa Fe Rice Salad has a little bit of everything, including beans, corn, bell peppers, and yummy spices!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cooled cooked rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 1-1/2 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, beans, corn kernels, and onion.
- In another small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend. Stir before serving.
To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.