Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Holiday Sausage Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Zesty ground pork sausage and crunchy almonds add a tasty contrast of flavors and textures to a store-bought stuffing mix. This "make it your own" version of Holiday Sausage Stuffing is perfect to team with your turkey for your holiday entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Add sausage and mushrooms and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned and mushrooms are tender; drain, if necessary, and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chicken broth, stuffing, and almonds, if desired; mix well. Add remaining butter, the sausage mixture, and the egg; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
You can bake this in almost any type of oven-proof mold.
It's easy to lighten up almost any stuffing by substituting chicken stock for half or more of the melted butter.
You can use chopped celery in place of nuts in stuffing if you prefer.
- We've got lots of yummy stuffing recipes on our website, so check 'em out! We've put together a collection of our best stuffing recipes to make it easy!