Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Speedy Almond Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They'll be nuts about our Speedy Almond rice. Our easy shortcuts make this one quick-as-a -wink to prepare, and the crunchy slivered almonds add flavorful tasty texture.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fine egg noodles
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (see Note)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add noodles and almonds and cook until golden brown (be careful it browns quickly).
- Add remaining ingredients, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and remove from heat. Allow to stand 5 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve.
If you'd rather make this without the nuts, that's fine? Just leave them out.