Sweet Potato Puff
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This simple sweet potato casserole gets its name from the fluffy texture that comes from having whipped egg whites folded in. Our Sweet Potato Puff is a hit no matter when it's served!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (about 4 medium-sized potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whip the cooked potatoes with the butter, milk, sugar, and pepper. Beat in the egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg whites with the salt until stiff; fold into the potato mixture.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
This is best served right from the oven.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 163
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 80mg 27 %
- Sodium 318mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.