Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing says "home" like a big bowl of homemade mashed potatoes. If you've never made them from scratch, now's the time, especially since they don't have to be full of calories to be loaded with taste.
What You'll Need
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to just cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 20 more minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from heat and drain; place potatoes in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Beat with an electric beater on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until potatoes are light and fluffy. Serve immediately.
Make it potato perfection by making our Sweet Potato Casserole too!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!