Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Vegetable Brown Rice Stir Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Brown rice usually requires a longer cook time than white rice, but thanks to the convenience of instant brown rice - and frozen veggies - you can get this nutritious dish ready fast.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3.5-ounce) boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cashew halves
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
What to Do
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cashews, and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned; remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables to skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and next 3 ingredients in small bowl; stir in water and soy sauce. Add to vegetables in skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cashews, and serve immediately over rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!