Blender Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not turn your extra fresh tomatoes into tomato sauce in no time? You won't want any other sauce once you taste the garden freshness of this one!
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds very ripe tomatoes, chunked
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place half of the tomato chunks in a blender and blend until a smooth liquid. Pour the liquid into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Blend the other half of the tomatoes and pour into the saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and cover. Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
When cool, place the sauce in plastic containers and freeze in usable amounts for up to 6 months.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.