Blender Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not turn your extra fresh tomatoes into tomato sauce in no time? You won't want any other sauce once you taste the garden freshness of this one!
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds very ripe tomatoes, chunked
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place half of the tomato chunks in a blender and blend until a smooth liquid. Pour the liquid into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Blend the other half of the tomatoes and pour into the saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and cover. Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
When cool, place the sauce in plastic containers and freeze in usable amounts for up to 6 months.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Grande Chicken Fajitas are a Southwest-favorite! The key to making these really flavorful is to start off with well-seasoned chicken, which is why we coat ours with lots of spices. Add in plenty of tender-cooked peppers and onions and you've got yourself the bare bones of a Tex-Mex restaurant classic. Now, go on and dig in!