Easy Homemade Gravy Mix
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Easy Homemade Gravy Mix is one of our favorite home-comfort treats. Our quick as a wink version allows you to take a few shortcuts without sacrificing taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) jar chicken or beef flavor instant bouillon (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a medium-sized storage container or plastic bag, combine all ingredients.
- Store tightly covered, at room temperature.
- Shake or stir before using to make gravy.
- Makes 1-3/4 cups dry mix
For interesting flavor variations, add any of the following to the gravy mix: Italian: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; French: 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon; Southwest: 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.To use this gravy mix to make gravy, in a medium sized skillet or saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons margarine. Stir 1/4 cup of Gravy Mix into margarine; cook and stir until golden brown. Add 1-3/4 cup water, then cook and stir until thickened and all the bouillon is dissolved.