Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing is more comforting than ladling some homemade gravy over our food. This Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy is a cinch to prepare, and it beats bottled gravy hands down. So, when you need the finishing touches on a fantastically made meal, make our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy for simple and delicious flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until smooth and golden in color. Slowly whisk in broth, salt, pepper, and browning and seasoning sauce until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
Check This Out!
- To add a simple touch of elegance, add 1/4 cup dry red or white wine. Plus, for flavor variation, you could add 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or rosemary!
- Plus, if you're making this basic brown gravy, be sure to check out our page of Tips for Making Gravy.
- Don't forget the turkey! Our Butter-Basted Herbed Turkey is a great choice!
- Our Bacon Turkey Gravy is a can't miss!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 70
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 8.7mg 3 %
- Sodium 1,512mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 2.7g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 1.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"