We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This prize-winning recipe for Garlic Sauce will make you a winner every time you serve it. Packing a flavorful garlicky punch, keep this versatile sauce in mind whenever you want to impress.
What You'll Need
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
What to Do
- In a blender jar, place garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard and salt; cover and blend until smooth.
- With blender running, very slowly pour in olive oil in a thin stream. Turn off blender, add basil, and blend briefly until basil is coarsely chopped.
- Makes 1-1/2 cups
Serve over roasted or grilled meat, chicken, or fish, and cooked or raw vegetables. I especially like it over summer tomatoes, cucumbers, and sweet onions. As with any dish containing raw eggs, be sure to store the sauce in the refrigerator until ready to use. If you have any concern over using a recipe containing raw eggs, then skip this one.