Lip-Smackin' Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be the apple of their eyes when you serve up this lip-smackin', cider vinegar-based sauce that's popular throughout the Carolinas and Alabama. If you're looking for a barbecue sauce recipe that's perfect for all of your summer grilling needs, then this is the one for you. Your mouth will start watering as you smell it simmerin' on the stovetop. Trust us--it's worth the wait!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Serve warm.